The Mosquito Story Slam: Drive-In Live
In order to keep these events coming, we need to ask for everyone’s co-operation to follow the guidelines below to protect your safety, other patrons, and the safety of our staff. Please read these over before you buy your tickets.
By purchasing tickets to this event, you are agreeing to the following:
Before you arrive:
- All tickets are general admission and are sold per person, not per car.
- Concerts are 60 minutes long and Cirque by the Sea shows are 45-60 minutes.
- We are limited to 50 persons at the Ballfield – this includes the performers and staff. We expect these shows to sell out quickly, so get your tickets early.
- There will be no onsite ticket sales – all tickets must be purchased in advance via phone or online.
- We would like to have your cell phone number on hand to reach you quickly if there are any changes. If you are a member, please login here to make sure it is listed.
- All tickets are ‘Will Call’. You do not need a mobile or printed ticket. Your name will be on a list at the venue and will be checked from a distance of six feet by a Payomet volunteer or staff member.
- Please write your name and the names of all ticket buyers on a piece of paper and place it on your dashboard so you can be checked in without opening your window.
- Each car can have a maximum of 4 patrons. Cars with any extra people will be kindly asked to leave to drop off extras, but may return with the correct number.
- Please arrive no more than 45 minutes before the show and we ask for your patience while we get everyone in place.
- In the event of rain, we will schedule a rain date as soon as possible. Unfortunately, tickets for outside shows are non-refundable. If you cannot attend a show on the rain date, you should sell or give your ticket to someone else.
- Cars will be parked based on size, taller cars and trucks will be parked towards the back. Please follow parking attendant instructions on where to park. (You might consider purchasing a Mini-Cooper for the show!). You cannot plan on parking next to the car of a friend, or choose your space.
- Each vehicle will be separated from all others by a minimum of 9 feet. Please follow parking attendant instructions on where to park. Do not park directly next to another vehicle.
- Vehicle ENGINES must be off for the duration of the performance.
- Please strictly adhere to the Massachusetts state 5-minute maximum vehicle idling limit.
- You can stay in your vehicle or use the the 4’ x 9’ space immediately in front of your car to tailgate. You may bring lawn chairs or a sun shade as long as itall fits within your space and is no taller than your car so that it does not block the view of other patrons.
- We remind you that you and your group should wear masks at all times.
- All people in your car should attempt to keep a 6-foot distance from any person outside of your car-group. If you unable to keep a 6-foot distance (i.e., when walking to restrooms), a mask should be worn.
- Please feel free to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages, but we ask that you take trash home with you, adhering to a “carry-in, carry-out” policy. Sorry, no alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- No food, beverages, or artist merchandise will be sold on-site.
- No smoking is permitted on-site.
- No pets are permitted on-site.
- Porta-potties will be available and monitored to ensure safety. Please adhere to six-foot social distancing while waiting to use them.
In honor of Halloween and a return to safe live theater, the theme for The Mosquito Story Slam on Saturday, November 7 @ 4pm at the Drive-In Live is "The Horror!"– that time you were absolutely horrified!
*Note that this show was moved from Friday, October 30 due to weather.
The Mosquito Story Slam is a series of live storytelling events in the spirit of NPR's The Moth. The Mosquito has presented hundreds of stories to sold-out audiences on the Outer Cape and beyond since 2014. In addition to special guest storytellers and Mosquito "favorites", each slam offers audience members the opportunity to tell their own stories on The Mosquito stage. Stories are roughly 5-minutes long and are based on true, personal experiences – as well as a theme.
If you wish to tell, please sign-up ahead of time by emailing a short pitch of your story to The Mosquito at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your name will be added to the "net" and be chosen at random during the show. In the meantime, be sure to rehearse and time your story– this is great to do while in the car! Although perfection is not the goal, getting comfortable with your story is key.
If you do not wish to brave the stage, you can still participate by emailing email@example.com a 1-2 line response to the prompt (That time you were absolutely horrified!) which will be read anonymously by the show hosts Vanessa Vartabedian and William Mullin between stories at the event.
Tickets: $20 per person
Drive-In Live performances are 60 minutes long.
Tickets are sold per person (NOT by car) and are limited...get them early!
Please purchase tickets in advance - click the 'BUY TICKETS' link above or call the box office at 508-487-5400. They will NOT be sold at the door.