Vance Gilbert: Drive-In Live Doubleheader
In order to keep these events coming, we need to ask for everyone’s co-operation to follow the guidelines below to protect your safety, other patrons, and the safety of our staff. Please read these over before you buy your tickets.
By purchasing tickets to this event, you are agreeing to the following:
Before you arrive:
- All tickets are general admission.
- Concerts are 90 minutes long.
- There will be no onsite ticket sales – all tickets must be purchased in advance via phone or online.
- We would like to have your cell phone number on hand to reach you quickly if there are any changes. If you are a member, please login here to make sure it is listed.
- All tickets are ‘Will Call’. You do not need a mobile or printed ticket. Your name will be on a list at the venue and will be checked from a distance of six feet by a Payomet volunteer or staff member.
- Please write your name and the names of all ticket buyers on a piece of paper and place it on your dashboard so you can be checked in without opening your window.
- Each car can have a maximum of 4 patrons. Cars with any extra people will be kindly asked to leave to drop off extras, but may return with the correct number.
- Please arrive no more than 45 minutes before the show and we ask for your patience while we get everyone in place.
- In the event of rain, we will schedule a rain date as soon as possible. Unfortunately, tickets for outside shows are non-refundable. If you cannot attend a show on the rain date, you should sell or give your ticket to someone else.
- Front Lawn seating is on a first come, first serve basis. You may bring-your-own-blanket or there will be chairs available on site to borrow.
- Each group must be separated from all other groups by a minimum of 6 feet. Please follow Payomet attendant instructions on where your group will be located.
- Cars will be parked based on size, taller cars and trucks will be parked towards the back. Please follow parking attendant instructions on where to park. (You might consider purchasing a Mini-Cooper for the show!). You cannot plan on parking next to the car of a friend, or choose your space.
- Each vehicle will be separated from all others by a minimum of 9 feet. Please follow parking attendant instructions on where to park. Do not park directly next to another vehicle.
- Vehicle ENGINES must be off for the duration of the performance.
- Please strictly adhere to the Massachusetts state 5-minute maximum vehicle idling limit.
- You can stay in your vehicle or use the the 4’ x 9’ space immediately in front of your car to tailgate. You may bring lawn chairs or a sun shade as long as itall fits within your space and is no taller than your car so that it does not block the view of other patrons.
- We remind you that you and your group should wear masks at all times.
- All people in your car should attempt to keep a 6-foot distance from any person outside of your car-group. If you unable to keep a 6-foot distance (i.e., when walking to restrooms), a mask should be worn.
- Please feel free to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages, but we ask that you take trash home with you, adhering to a “carry-in, carry-out” policy. Sorry, no alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- No food, beverages, or artist merchandise will be sold on-site.
- No smoking is permitted on-site.
- No pets are permitted on-site.
- Porta-potties will be available and monitored to ensure safety. Please adhere to six-foot social distancing while waiting to use them.
"...the voice of an angel, the wit of a devil and the guitar playing of a god..." - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
"If Joni Mitchell and Richie Havens had a love child, with Rodney Dangerfield as the midwife, the results might have been something close to the great Vance Gilbert.” –Richmond Magazine
We can't wait to get Vance Gilbert up on the Drive-In Live stage– not once but twice– to kick off our season from the ball field on Saturday, May 22, 2021!
As the above quote suggests, Vance Gilbert defies stereotypes. It’s little wonder then that he also exceeds expectations. In this case, those two qualities go hand in hand. “I’m black, I sing, I play an acoustic guitar, and I don’t play the blues,” Gilbert insists. That may be a broad statement, but it rings with truth.
With 13 critically acclaimed albums, Vance Gilbert continues to refine his unlikely union of humor, virtuosity, and the unexpected. Whether with classic, original songwriting or ageless interpretations of covers, his is a presentation steeped in deep humanism and bravery, stunning artistry and soul, and contagious, unbridled joy.
Member: $23 // Public $25