The Garcia Project: Drive-In Live Doubleheader
In order to keep these events coming, we need to ask for everyone’s co-operation to follow the guidelines below to protect your safety, other patrons, and the safety of our staff. Please read these over before you buy your tickets.
By purchasing tickets to this event, you are agreeing to the following:
Before you arrive:
- All tickets are general admission.
- Concerts are 90 minutes long.
- There will be no onsite ticket sales – all tickets must be purchased in advance via phone or online.
- We would like to have your cell phone number on hand to reach you quickly if there are any changes. If you are a member, please login here to make sure it is listed.
- All tickets are ‘Will Call’. You do not need a mobile or printed ticket. Your name will be on a list at the venue and will be checked from a distance of six feet by a Payomet volunteer or staff member.
- Please write your name and the names of all ticket buyers on a piece of paper and place it on your dashboard so you can be checked in without opening your window.
- Each car can have a maximum of 4 patrons. Cars with any extra people will be kindly asked to leave to drop off extras, but may return with the correct number.
- Please arrive no more than 45 minutes before the show and we ask for your patience while we get everyone in place.
- In the event of rain, we will schedule a rain date as soon as possible. Unfortunately, tickets for outside shows are non-refundable. If you cannot attend a show on the rain date, you should sell or give your ticket to someone else.
Front Lawn Seating:
- Front Lawn seating is on a first come, first serve basis. You may bring-your-own-blanket or there will be chairs available on site to borrow.
- Each group must be separated from all other groups by a minimum of 6 feet. Please follow Payomet attendant instructions on where your group will be located.
- Cars will be parked based on size, taller cars and trucks will be parked towards the back. Please follow parking attendant instructions on where to park. (You might consider purchasing a Mini-Cooper for the show!). You cannot plan on parking next to the car of a friend, or choose your space.
- Each vehicle will be separated from all others by a minimum of 9 feet. Please follow parking attendant instructions on where to park. Do not park directly next to another vehicle.
- Vehicle ENGINES must be off for the duration of the performance.
- Please strictly adhere to the Massachusetts state 5-minute maximum vehicle idling limit.
- You can stay in your vehicle or use the the 4’ x 9’ space immediately in front of your car to tailgate. You may bring lawn chairs or a sun shade as long as itall fits within your space and is no taller than your car so that it does not block the view of other patrons.
- We remind you that you and your group should wear masks at all times.
- All people in your car should attempt to keep a 6-foot distance from any person outside of your car-group. If you unable to keep a 6-foot distance (i.e., when walking to restrooms), a mask should be worn.
- Please feel free to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages, but we ask that you take trash home with you, adhering to a “carry-in, carry-out” policy. Sorry, no alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- No food, beverages, or artist merchandise will be sold on-site.
- No smoking is permitted on-site.
- No pets are permitted on-site.
- Porta-potties will be available and monitored to ensure safety. Please adhere to six-foot social distancing while waiting to use them.
"I spent a lot of nights in a lot of places with the Jerry Garcia Band, and I’m here to say that I really enjoy what The Garcia Project does with those memories. Mik’s guitar and his and Kat’s vocals stir up some very sweet vibes…" –Dennis McNally, former publicist for the Grateful Dead and The Jerry Garcia Band
“If you close your eyes, you’ll swear you are at a Jerry Garcia Band show.” –ecoLocal Magazine, Albany, NY
Payomet and Jerry Garcia fan faves The Garcia Project will take the stage for three shows at the Drive-In Live on Saturday, May 29 and Sunday, May 30– just in time to unwind for Memorial Day weekend.
Super special guest artists Maria Muldaur & Greg Anton will join The Garcia Project at Payomet to celebrate the 43rd Anniversary of the Jerry Garcia Band’s “Cats Under The Stars” tour from 1978. “Cats Under The Stars” was Jerry Garcia’s favorite album and the tour was filled with great songs and energy.
Maria, famous for her hit single, "Midnight at the Oasis," started recording with Jerry Garcia and sitting in with The Jerry Garcia Band in ’74, joining the band officially from fall 1977 through 1978. Greg has performed on numerous recordings and at thousands of concerts worldwide, and he’s published more than 50 original songs, many of which were co-written with Grateful Dead lyricist Robert Hunter. For more about these noteworthy artists: www.mariamuldaur.com and www.gregantonmusic.com
The Garcia Project is the nationally touring, critically acclaimed tribute to The Jerry Garcia Band. The Garcia Project performs full, classic set lists from 1976 – 1995. The Garcia Project faithfully channels and projects the feelings, emotions and music that propelled the Jerry Garcia Band and the fans through many years of musical bliss. It’s about family, soul searching, rejoicing, contemplating, celebrating, seeking truth and loving one another. It’s The Garcia Project. www.thegarciaproject.com
Members: $25 // Public: $35